Recommended websites for children’s books
A comic book like read about Hubie’s family vacation. See how his town adventure helps him overcome many of his fears.
A wonderful book for any child who has lost a cat. This author has also written the book Dog Heaven.
Follow the life cycle of a butterfly as a little girl witnesses the changes that occur. A wonderful book for butterfly lovers.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom – by Jim Archambault
Chant your way up the coconut tree with the alphabet.
The Christmas Party – by Adrian Adams
Come join the Abbott family as they prepare to host the town Christmas party.
The Circus Alphabet – by Linda Bronson
This creative alphabet book uses different circus attractions to tell the stories of every letter.
Clean Your Room, Harvey Moon! – by Pat Cummings
Harvey is not allowed to watch cartoons until he cleans his room – but how does he tackle the job?
The Color Box – by Dayle Ann Dodds
Alexander the monkey finds a box. Explore the different colors as he crawls through.
Color Farm – by Lois Ehlert
The author uses shapes to brilliantly create different animal faces. A very creative book.
Corduroy – by Don Freeman
Corduroy the bear waits patiently for a child to buy him and take him home. What happens when his opportunity almost passes him by?
Cranberry Summer – by Wende Devlin
In this Cranberryport adventure, Mr. Whiskers and Maggie rescue a donkey whicThis is a wonderful story about a boy- who is hearing impaired- enjoying a sunrise with his father.
Safety and Security
Our primary concern is the safety, security and health of your child. That’s why protection and preparedness are critical considerations in everything we do at Learn & Play. From first aid training for emergency situations to sanitation and ensuring a clean and healthy environment for children, we have more than 16 years of experience ensuring that every child is happy and healthy. And, our centers are designed with the safety and security of children in mind. You can be assured that your child is cared for in a secure, nurturing environment every day.
How We Ensure Health and Safety at Learn & Play:
- Only pre-approved individuals with photo identification may pick-up your child.
- Our centers are secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, one way viewing windows and cap electrical outlets.
- Our centers include smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Thermostats are covered to keep out of reach of children
- We conduct criminal background checks to ensure trustworthy staff and passionate teachers provide the best care and education for your child.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid and CPR.
- We are serious about training for fires and lockdown situations.
- We have an emergency evacuation plan at each center.
- We don’t just have a plan; we regularly have drills and train so our staff is ready.
- We clean our centers each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to children to ensure they are protected. Parents must sign an authorized form for any medication to be administered to their child.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- Each classroom is equipped with a list of the children who have allergies so as to prevent any incidents of a food allergy, etc.
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child’s day with us.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- Lunch is prepared, cooked and served daily at our facility to ensure healthy, fresh, well-balanced meals.
- Our high-quality playground equipment is safe, sturdy and tested routinely for maintenance.
- We have safe fall zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
- All outside play areas are wrapped in secure fencing.